By Admin, BuyLocalBG.com, BuyLocalBg@gmail.com/
Friday, July 19th, 2013 11:00 AM CST
One of the great things about Kentucky Music Company is the great teachers they have for lessons. We will feature each one over the next few months. Today, Jamie Henderson:
1) Tell me a little bit about yourself.
My name is Jamie and I am 28 years old. I grew up in Columbus, Ohio. I love music, animals and reading. I enjoy adventurous activities and making new friends.
2) What Instrument Lessons Method Does You Use?
It depends on who I’m teaching & how far along they are in their studies. I’m familiar with essential elements and standards of excellence.
3) What Are Your Formal Qualifications?
I’m a graduate with a bachelor’s degree in Music Education, 5 years of professional teaching (license in Ohio) ends in 2015.
4) What Is Your Practical Experience In Teaching your instrument?
I have taught private lessons on Saxaphone, Voice, Flute & Violin for six years. For 3 years contracted Band Director (middle school) and 3 years teaching music as a long term substitute.
5) Do You Publicly Perform?
Yes, I perform and have performed locally.
6) What Kinds Of Music Does You Teach?
I teach classical on band instruments, classical, pop blues, jazz and rock vocals.
7) How Many Students Do You Have?
I just moved to Bowling Green in April and I am taking applications!
8)What Equipment Do You Require?
I require the use of the instrument I’m teaching, a method book for beginners and a good attitude.
9) What is the one thing every student should walk in able to do?
Try their best!
10) What is the one thing no student should ever do?
Quit because they are frustrated.