By Admin, BuyLocalBG.com, BuyLocalBg@gmail.com/
Tuesday, July 2nd, 2013 1:00 PM CST
Summer means times in the garden and mowing — and if you’re one of the millions of people who have seasonal allergies, it also means sneezing, congestion, runny nose and other bothersome symptoms. Seasonal allergies — also called hay fever and allergic rhinitis — can make you miserable. But before you settle for plastic flowers and artificial turf, Come see your pharmacist at Ely Drugs to talk about options to make your Summer more enjoyable!
Here are some tips from Ely Drugs to help in the meantime. To reduce your exposure to the things that trigger your allergy signs and symptoms (allergens):
- Stay indoors on dry, windy days — the best time to go outside is after a good rain, which helps clear pollen from the air.
- Delegate lawn mowing, weed pulling and other gardening chores that stir up allergens.
- Remove clothes you’ve worn outside; you may also want to shower to rinse pollen from your skin and hair.
- Don’t hang laundry outside — pollen can stick to sheets and towels.
- Wear a dust mask if you do outside chores.
Find more helpful tips and other remedies for seasonal allergies at Ely Drugs. Call Ely Drugs at 270-467-5225 for more information or visit their Scottsville Rd. location next to Greenwood High School. Also, fan them on facebook and if you need prescriptions filled next to the Greenwood Urgent Clinic.